WHO CAN BECOME A MEMBER?
1. Former and current ECoC candidate cities. It is open to cities in the pre-candidacy phase if the city has made public the intention to become a candidate city. It is open to current and past title holders.
2. Agencies in charge with the candidacy and/or the implementing of the programme. In the cities where these agencies ceased to exist or these responsibilities are split among different local partners, the member organisation/institution needs to be officially endorsed by the Municipality.
3. One single organisation per city is accepted as member.
4. No membership fee is required at this moment.
5. Other networks or programmes related to ECoC, cultural policies and urban development can participate to the network activities as associate members/observers.
WHAT DO YOU GET AS A MEMBER?
- Exchange of information and expertize specific for the needs of cities in different phases of the ECoC candidacy through:
a. Free access to the Network conferences: a 2-day training and partnership European marketplace taking place twice a year;
b. Free access to the Network’s digital platform: a database with projects in ECoC programmes, with contacts for partnerships and a communication tool for the members of the Network;
2. Free access to the Network’s capacity building programme for cultural cities: an annual training programme built on the needs of the members and funded through suitable European grants;
3. Technical and moral support to face the challenges specific to different phases of ECoC candidacy;
4. Participation in specific programmes (residencies, artistic programmes a.o.) and grant application consortia;
5. Participation and support in advocacy campaigns related to culture, urban development and Europe. The opportunity to contribute to local and European policies and establish best practices in these fields;
6. Members increase the European relevance and visibility of their work and their cities. The network facilitates European partnerships, mobility of creators and artworks, engagement of cities and citizens with European issues.