CALL FOR COORDINATION OF THEMATIC WORKING GROUPS
IN THE CULTURE NEXT CITIES NETWORK
The Culture Next cities network will address two key topics with relevance for its own work, for the development of cities through culture and for the European Capital of Culture agenda.
Culture Next will work on two topics chosen during 2023 through the creation of two Thematic Working Groups (TWGs). This work will be conducted from 15 November 2023 to 15 May 2024.
Each selected host will have the obligation to produce the following minimal dissemination outputs:
- 1 written output of their choice (report, position paper, analysis, assessment, other)
- 1 online workshop for Culture Next member cities (at least 15 participants)
- 1 online conference open to anyone interested (at least 30 participants)
- 2 podcasts published on the Culture Next website
IN: For Culture Next financial sustainability reasons, the host cities of TWG need to commit to a membership fee update of 2.000 euro. The money will be used as co-funding in the Creative Europe project which is currently funding the Network’s activities.
OUT: For the purpose of supporting the coordination of a TWG, Culture Next will provide financial assistance of 6.000 euro in the form of a grant wired to the accounts of the host.
HOW DOES IT WORK
- Cities apply to host Thematic Working Groups. The application includes an action plan with TWG meetings and events (9 October – 23 October, 2023)
- Two cities are selected as Thematic Working Groups hosts (30 October, 2023)
- TWG hosts invite fellow Culture Next members to join their groups and TWGs function as they want (15 November 2023, 15 May 2024)
- Physical meetings of the TWGs are encouraged to take place during Culture Next conferences in Leeuwarden (22-24 November, 2023) and Oulu (28 February – 1 March, 2024)
WHAT IS THE SELECTION PROCEDURE
- Each interested member of the Culture Next cities network can propose topics for the remaining two thematic working groups.
- The cities will put together a short presentation and will submit this using the application form which can be reached on the following link (https://forms.gle/ZXdh99oprqDtiK1K7);
- The Board of the Culture Next cities network will review all received proposals and will decide on which ones to support;
- If cities represented in the Board are applying for the call, their representatives in the Board will not participate in the selection process;
- If more cities apply with similar or complementary topics, the Board could suggest they co-host a TWG.
- City: (200 characters)
- Topic proposed: (200 characters)
- Why is this topic of relevance today in the field of culture and cities and/or the European Capital of Culture programme, its process and its local editions? (500 characters)
- What are some relevant or interesting data or preliminary assumptions for the proposed topic? (500 characters)
- Why should this topic be addressed by the Culture Next cities network especially? (500 characters)
- How will the TWG be organised? Please draft a short action plan with TWG planned meetings and events. (1000 characters)
- Confirmation that the cities commit to a 2.000 euro TWG hosting fee YES/NO
For any additional questions András Farkas can be reached on behalf of the Culture Next Executive Team (+40757055591, firstname.lastname@example.org).